FITTING NEW CUSHIONS
Replacing the cushions on the table is a major task, one step away from table restoration. Normally, you may need to have cushions replaced after 10 to 15 years from the time the table is originally installed. However, in many cases cushions keep performing for much longer.
The fitter typically begins by visiting your premises and removing the cushion rails of the table to our factory.
– Removes the existing cushion rubbers, wooden blocks, fillets and slips
– Prepares the surface of the cushions rails
– Glues and screws new wooden cushion blocks to the cushion rails
– Fits new cushion rubber to the cushion blocks
– Cuts and shapes the ends of the cushion rubbers
– Fits new wooden fillets
– Fits new tape underlay
– Covers the completed cushions in new cloth
Typically the fitter then returns to your premises and fits the cushion rails to the table. When cushions are replaced using this procedure, they perform significantly better than when less comprehensive procedures are followed.