FITTING NEW CLOTH
In the home environment your original cloth is likely to last for many years. In a busy snooker club the cloth may need to be changed annually or even more often.Fitting new cloth takes place on site.
Re-covering by an Alcock fitter includes:
- removing the existing cloth from the bed and cushions of the table
- cleaning the slate bed of the table and checking for damage
- checking the wooden cushion slips, if present, and replacing as required
- covering the cushions in new cloth
- repairing minor damage to the slate bed of the table if required
- checking the pockets of the table and advising about necessary replacements
- fitting new cloth to the bed of the table; brushing ironing and marking and spotting the cloth
- re-assembling the table ready for play; checking and adjusting the table level as required.