FITTING NEW CLOTH
In the home environment your original cloth is likely to last for many years. In a busy snooker club the cloth may need to be changed annually or even more often.Fitting new cloth takes place on site.
Re-covering by an Alcock fitter includes:
– removing the existing cloth from the bed and cushions of the table
– cleaning the slate bed of the table and checking for damage
– checking the wooden cushion slips, if present, and replacing as required
– covering the cushions in new cloth
– repairing minor damage to the slate bed of the table if required
– checking the pockets of the table and advising about necessary replacements
– fitting new cloth to the bed of the table; brushing ironing and marking and spotting the cloth
– re-assembling the table ready for play; checking and adjusting the table level as required.